From the time I was a young girl, I had the distinct impression I was destined for greatness (You too?). I’ve flitted from job to job, interest to interest, looking for that greatness. . . . Always searching.
And I’ve beat myself up – more than once, I’m afraid – for not finding it. Honestly, I thought it would be easier than it has been.
Finally, after my stops and starts, I’ve realized that my greatness lies not in becoming a household name, but in helping other women find a special kind of greatness within themselves: the truth about who they are, spiritually.
I’ve spent years studying personal development, Law of Attraction, and a host of religious and spiritual traditions – and I’ve got the credentials to prove it! I’m an ordained minister through the Universal Life church, a Reiki Master, a Licensed Desire Map Facilitator, a Certified Professional Coach, and a Spiritual Mentor. I’m also certified in Thought Field Therapy at the Algorithm Level, and I’m working on a certificate in Emotional Freedom Techniques. I’ve even been the Executive Director of a domestic violence shelter (working directly with the women and their children was my very favorite part of the work), and a sexual assault victim advocate.
While I have definitely been blessed by all the people I’ve met and the information I’ve gleaned through these experiences, the real fruit of all those years of study and experience (and it continues to this day), is how it allows me to show up for you.
I am open-minded, accepting, and non-judgmental. Compassionate and curious – a phrase that really inspires me that is often used by one of my teachers. I’m not afraid to ask you tough questions – and I’m willing to love you through the answers.
I am not looking for people to convert to my way of thinking and believing. I don’t want followers! What I want is to build a posse of like-minded women, each who walks her own independent spiritual path; women who occasionally need support and who are willing to support others. Women who want to find their own way to spiritual fulfillment.
Eclectic Souls, I call us.
As a start to my ambition of building a tribe, I’m here to support you. I’d like to use my knowledge, skills, and creativity to help you find your own spiritual path – and to realize the truth of who you are at the same time.
For those of you who are Dragnet fans – “just the facts, m’am.” – here’s the bullet list version of who I am:
- I’m a Southern girl living in Southern California. I was born in Virginia, raised in Tennessee and Arkansas.
- I am happily married – more than 16 years to the most amazing guy!
- I’ve been to a presidential inaugural ball.
- Politically, I’m a Libertarian. I’m very liberal socially. I believe in the maximum freedom for the individual. However, I also believe in fiscal responsibility for government. And less government interference all around.
- We don’t have any human children, but I’m the happy mother of three fur babies: Kitties named Gracie, CW (that stands for Colonel Whiskers, although we rarely call him that), and Sava. I’m also a bit of as cat whisperer.
- I have strongly considered the ministry for three different groups: The United Methodist Church, the Unitarian Universalists, and Science of the Mind / Religious Science. Ultimately, I was destined to find my own path, not to follow someone else’s.
- So, I became ordained through the Universal Life Church. It doesn’t mean much to a lot of people, but it allows me to legally perform weddings – and that’s what I wanted to be able to do.
- If you’re into this kind of thing, I’m Aquarius. My Ascendant sign is Scorpio and my Moon sign is Libra. In Chinese astrology, I’m a water rabbit.
- My life path number is 6.
- I love the Canadian band Nickelback. Please don’t judge me.
- I’m a part Cherokee, and proud of it. However, I don’t care what you call your sports team.
- I love to sing. I’m not bad at it, but I’m not really good either. Singing makes my soul happy, though, so I try to sing every day. Often to Nickelback songs!
- I have a tattoo on my inner left wrist that says “Believe” in Lord Byron’s handwriting. And I have my nose pierced. Twice. I also listen to 90s grunge and would drive a muscle car if it were up to me. I do, however, really like our Buick.
- Like all of you – I’m a person of many moods and a few contradictions!